6 Reasons Your Business Needs to Adapt Cloud Computing
January 25 2022
Why Should You Adopt Cloud Computing?
Cloud service migration is the norm rather than the exception -- it is commonplace for businesses to leverage cloud infrastructures as critical technology drivers for successful innovation and new business models. The days of managing large and expensive data centers are history.
Business leaders are after what the cloud delivers: agility, lower costs, scalability, and performance. In a November 2021 statement from technology research and consulting firm Gartner, "more than 85% of organizations will embrace a cloud-first principle by 2025 and will not be able to fully execute on their digital strategies without the use of cloud-native architectures and technologies." Furthermore, ever-increasing interest in the Internet of Things and machine learning propelled cloud adoption. The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the move forward. Companies realized they had to rely on cloud technologies to enable their workforce to work remotely, video conference with customers, and accelerate digital commerce.
Switching to the cloud can save businesses time and money, ensuring competitiveness. According to the investment and financial analysis firm KPMG International:
"Cloud computing can enable innovation, dramatically reduce capital and operating costs, increase agility, and reduce time to market for new products and services. The cloud benefits both the business through enablement and IT via operational improvements. In fact, it is often an individual business unit that is leading the enterprise and IT towards cloud adoption" (KPMG.com; 2014).
Advantages of Cloud Computing
- Scalable – supports larger workloads and additional users more flexibly than internal data centers. Companies faced adding more software licenses, physical in-house servers, and network equipment in traditional IT methods.
- Cost Savings – Many companies are concerned about the expense of implementing a cloud-based server. To see the savings benefit, one needs to look beyond the initial cost and consider ROI. Cost savings come into play once cloud services are in place – company data will be easier to access than before, saving time and money for project startups. Sometimes, there is concern about paying for unnecessary features. Still, many cloud providers offer pay-as-you-go services that can be scaled up or back as necessary. Finally, utilizing cloud services shifts the responsibilities of data migration, upgrades, and maintenance to the service provider. This frees up funds that would otherwise be used for hardware and an internal IT structure.
- Security -- one of the primary concerns when cloud computing is under consideration. Many ask, if "I can access my data remotely, can anyone?" While questions such as these are understandable, keep in mind that the cloud service provider puts rigorous security protocols and monitoring in place. The cloud provider's responsibility is to monitor security full-time, benefitting the business since their IT department can focus on other issues.
- Performance – cloud adaptation improves user experience. Websites and applications hosted in the cloud are scalable to handle additional users. The service provider can run servers in geographical locations close to end-users, speeding up networks.
- Disaster Recovery –data may be lost due to issues at a data center, service disruptions during power outages, and natural disasters. Cloud service providers offer rapid data recovery no matter the emergency scenario, regularly testing data recovery paths.
- Digital Experience – data and cloud services are accessible anywhere; this allows for faster processing. Innovation gains momentum, customer experiences are enhanced and it provides employees with modern, flexible tools.
How V2Soft Can Help
We offer cloud-based services that enables enterprise to keep pace with industry demands. V2Soft has the expertise to help your business migrate to the cloud. We understand cloud environments and platforms, have access to data centers worldwide, technical expertise, and experience to manage the right platform for you.
||Platform Rollout & Management
||Cloud Development & Support
V2Soft Service Models
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): V2Soft can help you move your infrastructure to one of our virtual or bare metal servers on high-performance, redundant networks located in data centers around the world. V2Soft's cloud services provide high-level APIs – the elements that allow applications and devices to seamlessly communicate in real-time.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): V2Soft's PaaS model allows you to focus on your business applications. At the same time, we provide the underlying platform hosted on the cloud. PaaS avoids the challenges of building and maintaining infrastructure while saving time and money. A V2Soft PaaS model includes hardware, software, and infrastructure for developing, managing, and running applications without the cost and inflexibility of building and maintaining that platform on-site.
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS) – This cloud model allows you to manage digital identities across vast networks, ensuring seamless business performance in the connected world of people, partners, systems, and things where they operate and exchange identity information. As V2Soft's cloud-based authentication solution managed and hosted by us, our IDaaS services ensure that users are who they say they are and access sensitive data on and off-premises.
V2Soft Cloud Capabilities
V2Soft achieves robust, available, secure, and stable cloud services and cloud testing services. From cloud compute, database, compliance, and analytics, V2Soft offers a large suite of cloud services that are scalable and designed to propel your business forward:
|Cloud Infrastructure Services
|* Remote monitoring
||* Cloud-first or multi-cloud strategy
||* Setup and management: compute, network, and storage
|* Cloud provisioning and configuration
||* Application or product integrations (messaging, events, API management)
||* Container services and server less computing
|* On premises-to-cloud migration and support
||* On-premises application integration
||* Backup and disaster recovery
|* Business process orchestration
||* Consumer and industrial internet of things (IoT)
||* Security and operations: end-to-end cloud managed services and governance
|* Process and system mapping
||* Building on blockchain and Hyper ledger applications
||* Identity and access management
|* 24 x 7 support
||* 24 x 7 monitoring and automated reporting
The Way Forward
The best way for businesses to stay agile is to fully embrace cloud computing. Cloud technology addresses business challenges in several key ways:
- Flexibility – business demands fluctuate. Cloud technology's elasticity allows an enterprise to scale services based on usage and needs.
- A platform for innovation – investing in cloud computing helps improve workplace collaboration between employees and teams. Processes are streamlined for employees located in different locations without geographical and time zone barriers.
- Enabled for the future – businesses of all sizes can leverage cloud computing to compete in the marketplace. As we previously mentioned, the Internet of Things, machine learning, and artificial intelligence enable enterprises to generate and collect more data than ever.
- Security -- information saved in the cloud is protected and stored safely in a secure environment. V2Soft employs robust cybersecurity measures such as built-in firewalls and two-factor authentication, which means your data is safeguarded from cybercriminals and data losses.
V2Soft is here to help your business improve efficiency, maximize customer reach with secure, cost-effective solutions. Are you ready to empower your business with an updated, scalable, and safe cloud environment? Reach out to us today!